The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC) is looking to hire a paid Media Relations Intern to start in May 2018. The intern does a wide range of work ranging from managing our social media streams, handling our in-house graphic design, to writing and editing articles for a variety of media.
ARAC serves individual artists, nonprofit arts organizations, informal arts groups, community education organizations, and units of government that reside in the seven-county Arrowhead Region in northeastern Minnesota. ARAC is one of eleven regional arts councils in Minnesota who awards grants to individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations. Our mission is to facilitate and encourage local arts development, and this mission statement grows from a conviction that the arts improve the quality of life in the region.
The intern runs our social media campaign, manages our newsletter, and updates our webpage. Strong writing and graphic design skills are essential. The ideal applicant will be creative and have an expressed interest in the arts.
The internship is a great opportunity for an individual to get hands-on experience in arts funding, writing for the public, social media, and public relations. The intern will report to and work closely with the Executive Director.
- Maintain and update ARAC’s social media streams
- Handle all of ARAC’s internal graphic design work
- Draft and edit marketing materials and press releases
- Maintain a promotional calendar of all ARAC funded artist and organizational events
- Research and write articles
- Manage ARAC’s newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
- Pursuing or recently earned a degree in the Arts, Graphic Design, Marketing, Public Relations, or other related fields
- An interest in the local and regional arts
- Graphic design skills with proficiency in both raster and vector graphics and editing software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud (Creative Suite), WordPress, and social media platforms
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well both verbally and in written forms
- Excellent time management and organization skills
- Experience with social media campaigns
- Experience writing ad copy and conducting public relations
Part-time, 16/hrs week
Position type: Internship
Time Frame: 12 months
mid-May 2018-mid-May 2019
Terms: $14/hour, earned sick leave policy
Academic credit is available through this position.
Please submit a letter of interest, resume, a brief writing sample, and a sample of your social media work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, April 15.