Cook County Arts Relief Fund (Second Round May 4)
Grants of $1,200 are available to Cook County artists from this fund. This is to pay personal or artistic expenses.
Opens Monday, May 4, and closes on Monday, May 11, at 4:30 p.m.
Opens Tuesday, April 21, and closes on Monday, April 27, at 4:30 p.m.
A second round will be held if funding is available.
This fund has been created with a gift from generous funding partners to provide critical relief for artists within Cook County struggling from the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. For the purpose of this program, artist is defined as writers, performers, musicians, visual artists, and crafts people.
We want to reach a broad range of artists in Cook County, including artists in Grand Portage.
Program Partners include the Cook County/Grand Marais EDA, the Cook County Creative Economy Collaborative, and the Arrowhead Regional Arts Council.
The application (use the link below) is simple. It asks the following questions:
- Please tell us about your art and mediums
- What percentage of your income is derived from art including teaching fees?
- Are you receiving unemployment?
- Please describe your need for the funds.
- Please provide a link to your website, if available.
We hope to notify applicants by May 15.
If funds are still available, we will have a second round.
How to Apply:
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
- Applications must be received into the online system by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications received after this time are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.