The Cool and Creative Get Together is an interactive day of connecting artists with each other and with community leaders. The goals of the day are:
- We want more creative people to feel connected and inspired to work with each other;
- We want to give those people more tools by helping them to develop networks, providing leadership tools; and
- We want others to have a better understanding of the power of the arts to improve the quality of life in the region: culturally, socially, and economically.
The Cool and Creative Get Together has $15,000 to give to groups to carry out the mission of the Get Together. Groups must have representatives present at the March 29 Get Together to be eligible for the grants. These grants may be up to $5,000, though we encourage smaller grants. Grant work can begin June 1 and must be finished by November 30, 2018. We want to make the grants available for broad purposes and therefore the criteria are designed to inspire rather than be restrictive.
The basic criteria is that projects will be ranked according to how they best fit the spirit and goals of the overall Cool and Creative Get Together.
In addition, projects that create a spirit of inclusiveness or bring people into the connected networks of artists and creative people are strongly encouraged and will be given extra weight. We believe that many people feel that grants are often given to those people who appear to be “on the inside” and therefore are especially looking for grants that open new doors for people.
The grant selection panel has the right to award partial grants.
- Grant Proposals due on May 4
- Decisions will be made by May 18
- Grant work must be carried out between June 1 and November 30, 2018.
- Grantees must submit an interim report by July 15, 2018, and should invite ARAC staff to an event or planning meeting by this date.
- Grantees must submit a final report within 30 days of the end point of their project.
ARAC staff will act as the facilitators and proponents of the grants and not have a vote in the final ranking. We will answer questions during the period from March 29 through the deadline and provide feedback to grant applicants, with a priority to anyone who gives us a draft of their grant by April 20.
The selection will be made by a panel selected by the planning committee for the Cool and Creative Get Together.
For more information:
Drew Digby, Executive Director, Arrowhead Regional Arts Council
firstname.lastname@example.org or (218) 722-0952