Arts Learning Grant For Artists
To be eligible to apply for this program, you must be at least eighteen years old, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status, and be a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months, and remain a Minnesota resident for the duration of the project. Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply. Past grant recipients with overdue, unaccepted, or falsified final reports are also ineligible.
For complete eligibility requirements, please read the guidelines.
|Applications Open||Application Deadline||Grant Panel Review||Board Approval Meeting||Earliest Possible Starting Date|
|Applications will be open and available to submit online on this date.||Applications must be submitted online by 4:30 p.m. on this date.||Grant applications will be reviewed by a panel on this date.||Panel recommendations will be approved by the Board on this date.||Grant projects may not start prior to this date.|
|Friday, August 16, 2019||Friday, September 27, 2019||Friday, November 8, 2019|
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
|Thursday, November 21, 2019||Sunday, December 1, 2019|
|Friday, February 14, 2020||Friday, March 27, 2020||Tuesday, Friday, May 8, 2020|
1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
|Thursday, May 21, 2020 ||Monday, June 1, 2020|
How to Apply:
Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application, and feel free to contact the Grants Manager with questions.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
- Applications must be received into the online system by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications received after this time are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Help with your application:
- All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application.
- ARAC schedules a variety of workshops, office hours, and one-on-one consultations before each grant deadline. Please consult our Announcements page for the most recent information or call/email our grants manager to set up a one-on-one consultation. ARAC also maintains a guest computer in our offices if you’d like to work on your proposal during regular office hours.
- Applicants may request grant application ‘draft reviews’ no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline. The Grants Manager will review your application draft and give feedback for you prior to submitting your application for the Board to review. Draft reviews must be requested by contacting the Grants Manager no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
To see a list of previous Community Arts Learning grant recipients and their projects, visit our recent awards page.
If you received a grant prior to July 1, 2014 and still have a Final Report due, please contact the office to have a form sent to you.