Individual Artist Fellowship
This program seeks to recognize, reward, and encourage regional artists. It is designed to enable artists to set aside time to work, to purchase supplies and materials, to participate in advance study not related to a degree program, or to pursue other activities that will allow them to meet their artistic goals. Fellowship awards are $7,000 each.
Who may apply?
To be eligible to apply for this program, you must be at least eighteen years old, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status, and a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months. Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply. Past grant recipients with overdue, unaccepted, or falsified final reports are also ineligible.
For complete eligibility requirements, please read the guidelines.
Important Dates: Please note that starting 2016, the Fellowship grant deadline has been changed.
|Applications Open||Application Deadline||Panel Review Meeting||Board Approval Meeting||Earliest Possible Starting Date|
|Applications will be open and available to submit online on this date.||Applications must be submitted online by 4:30 p.m. on this date.||Grant applications will be reviewed by a panel on this date.||Panel recommendations will be approved by the Board on this date.||Grant projects may not start prior to this date.|
|Friday, February 16, 2018||Friday, March 30, 2018||Friday, June 8, 2018|
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Thursday, June 21, 2018|
2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
|July 1, 2018|
|Friday, February 15, 2019||Friday, March 29, 2019||Friday, June 14, 2019|
9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
|Thursday, June 20, 2019|
2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
|July 1, 2019|
How to Apply:
Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application, and feel free to contact the Grants Manager with questions.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
- Applications must be received into the online system by 4:30 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications received after this time are ineligible and will not be reviewed. There are no exceptions to this policy.
Help with your application:
- All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application.
- Grant Writing workshops are held two weeks prior to the deadline. The dates and times are listed on our Grant Workshops page. Participants learn about the grant program, application process, and how to write an effective grant application. This is a good opportunity to get your questions answered prior to completing your application.
- Applicants may request grant application ‘draft reviews’ no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline. The Grants Manager will review your application draft and give feedback for you prior to submitting your application for the Board to review. Draft reviews must be requested by contacting the Grants Manager no later than 2 weeks prior to the deadline.
To see a list of last year’s Fellowship grant recipients and their projects, visit our recent awards page.
If you received a grant prior to July 1, 2014 and still have a Final Report due, please contact the office to have a form sent to you.