Quick Start Grant for Artists
This program provides funding of up to $1,000 for you to undertake projects requiring modest funding with minimal advance notice. This program may also be used to fund activities seeking minimal support fro which other ARAC grant programs would be cumbersome or inappropriate. Examples of Quick Start projects might include, but are not limited to, the following:
- an unexpected or unanticipated opportunity to attend, or be involved in, a workshop, performance, or exhibition opportunity;
- opportunities that provide career training in the arts;
- an immediate need for equipment and/or repair to facilitate an arts-related project; or
- an unexpected or unanticipated presenting activity.
UPDATE: There is no more funding available for out of state activities in this program.
Regional artists looking for funding to take advantage of a sudden opportunity should consider applying to this program. This grant program is designed to enable artists to take advantage of goal affirming arts activities which come up with little advance notice.
Who may apply?
To be eligible to apply for this program, you must be at least eighteen years old, a U.S. citizen or have permanent resident status, and a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis County for at least six months. Individuals enrolled in arts-related degree programs are ineligible to apply. Past grant recipients with overdue, unaccepted, or falsified final reports are also ineligible.
For complete eligibility requirements, please read the guidelines.
How to Apply:
This program has no specified deadlines. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis and submitted for review weekly.
Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application, and feel free to contact the Grants Manager with questions.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
Help with your application:
- All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application.
- Technical and grant writing assistance is available upon request, but realize that staff assistance in no way implies your grant request will be funded.
- Attend an ARAC grant writing workshop if possible. The dates, times, and locations will be listed on our Grant Workshops page.
To see a list of previous Quick Start grant recipients and their projects, visit our recent awards page.
If you received a grant prior to July 1, 2014, and still have a Final Report due, please contact the office to have a form sent to you.