Organizational Grant Eligibility
Listed below are the minimum requirements for applying for an Arrowhead Regional Arts Council grant. Different programs may have additional eligibility requirements beyond what is listed on this page. Please see individual programs and guidelines for complete eligibility requirements.
Who may apply?
To be eligible to apply for organizational grants, an arts organization or group must be registered as a nonprofit in the State of Minnesota and be either a federal nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) arts organization or group located in one of the following Arrowhead counties: Aitkin, Cook, Carlton, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake or St. Louis.
- If your group has not yet received federal nonprofit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) status, you may apply using another 501(c)(3) as a Fiscal Sponsor.
- If your group has not yet registered as a nonprofit in the State of Minnesota, you will be required to do so within three years of receiving your first ARAC grant.
For information on how to use a Fiscal Sponsor to apply for funding, read our Fiscal Sponsor Guidelines, or contact the staff by calling (218)722-0952 or (800)569-8134.
Who do we not fund?
The following organizations are ineligible to apply for funding:
- For-profit organizations;
- Organizations, schools, or units of government which are not located in the seven-county Arrowhead Region;
- Organizations which currently receive Minnesota State Arts Board General Operating Support;
- ARAC grant recipients with an overdue, unaccepted, or falsified final report.
How many ARAC grants may a group receive in one year?
- In a single ARAC fiscal year (July 1-June 30), an organization may be awarded grant funding of up to $20,000 total from applications reviewed in these ARAC grant programs: Operating Support; Art Project or Rural and Community Art Project; Arts and Cultural Heritage Community Arts Learning; and Quick Start.
- An organization may submit no more than two applications per deadline and may receive only one grant per round.
For more information on eligibility regarding specific programs, please read the guidelines for that program, or feel free to contact the office by email or call (218)722-0952.