This program no longer has funding at this time.
This program provides funding of up to $750 for your organization to undertake unanticipated and meaningful projects requiring modest funding with minimal advance notice. You will be asked to describe why none of our other grant programs were/are appropriate for your request.
To be eligible, your organization must be located in the following Arrowhead counties: Aitkin, Cook, Carlton, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake, or St. Louis.
What kind of organizations?
- state-registered and federally recognized non-profit, tax-exempt organizations
- accredited schools
- tribal governments
- units of government
If your group has not yet received nonprofit, tax-exempt status, you may apply by using another nonprofit organization, accredited school, tribal government, or other unit of government as a fiscal sponsor. For information on how to use a Fiscal Sponsor, see the Fiscal Sponsor Guidelines page on our website, or contact us directly.
For complete eligibility requirements, please read the guidelines.
How to Apply:
This program has no specified deadlines. Applicants are accepted on an ongoing basis and submitted for review weekly.
Please read the guidelines completely before beginning your application, and feel free to contact the Grants Manager with questions.
Please note: the Quick Start Guidelines have been updated as of 7/20/18.
Applications must be completed and submitted using the ARAC Grant Portal. Submissions in any other format, including email, will not be accepted. Instructions for navigating the online system can be found in both the guidelines and by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- The online application process will walk you through submitting your application.
- To be eligible, your application must include all materials listed as required in the online application.
Help with your application:
- All applicants are encouraged to discuss proposal ideas and eligibility with the Grants Manager prior to starting a grant application.
- Technical and grant writing assistance is available upon request, but realize that staff assistance in no way implies your grant request will be funded.
- ARAC schedules a variety of workshops, office hours, and one-on-one consultations before each grant deadline. Please consult our Announcements page for the most recent information or call/email our grants manager to set up a one-on-one consultation. ARAC also maintains a guest computer in our offices if you’d like to work on your proposal during regular office hours.
To see a list of previous Quick Start grant recipients and their projects, visit our recent awards page.
If you received a grant prior to July 1, 2014 and still have a Final Report due, please contact the office to have a form sent to you.