The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council (ARAC) is one of eleven regional arts councils in Minnesota whose function is to facilitate and encourage local arts development by providing funding and various forms of assistance for the creation and presentation of the arts. In this role, ARAC awards grants to individual artists and nonprofit arts organizations in the seven counties of the Arrowhead Region; Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake and St. Louis.
Funding for ARAC programs and services is provided through appropriations from the Minnesota State Legislature, the Arts and Cultural Heritage Amendment, and a grant from The McKnight Foundation. With these funds, ARAC is able to provide the following programming:
- Five grant programs for arts organizations and six grant programs for individual artists
- Maintain a database of regional arts organizations, artists, and services
- Hold grant writing workshops in different locations throughout the Arrowhead Region
- Offer extensive individual assistance, referrals, and other information to artists and arts organizations across the region
- and; hold the annual Arrowhead Arts Awards which presents the following awards to two outstanding individuals in the region:
- The George Morrison Artist Award: this award recognizes an individual artist whose body of work has made a significant contribution to the arts over an extended period of time; and
- The Maddie Simons Advocate Award: this award recognizes an arts administrator, arts educator, volunteer for a nonprofit arts organization, or artist whose involvement in a project or program has substantially contributed to the arts in the Arrowhead Region.
If you would like additional information about these awards, please contact the ARAC office by emailing email@example.com, or by calling 800-569-8134 or 218-722-0952.
If you would like to nominate an individual for one of the Arrowhead Arts Awards, please fill out one of the nomination forms below and submit it to the ARAC office. Nominations are taken all year long.