ARAC is currently seeking individuals who are interested in serving on Grant Review Panels. Serving as a grant review panelist is a great opportunity for those who wish to serve with ARAC but cannot commit to a 3-year board term.
The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council is looking for individuals with knowledge of the arts, artists, artists from communities of color, arts supporters/collectors, or individuals working in and with knowledge of the regional arts community. Potential panelists must live in the Arrowhead region and be willing to commit to serving for one year on either the Career Development, Community Arts Learning, Rural and Community Art Project, Technology/Equipment, or Artist Fellowship review panels.
Panel members serve as volunteers but are paid a mileage reimbursement for attending review meetings. Serving on a panel gives an individual the opportunity to learn about arts activities in the region; increase their knowledge of grant writing and the review process; and to network with other artists and arts professionals.
Panelists will be selected based on the needs of the particular review panel from a pool of interested individuals larger than needed. ARAC will train panelists prior to serving and reserves the right to remove a panelist if appropriate.
ARAC abides by all applicable laws relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The Council does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, status as legal alien, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, feel free to contact the office at (218)722-0952, (800)569-8134, or by email.
2018/2019 Panel Meeting Dates:
- Community Arts Learning Grant for Organizations or Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 11th and Tuesday, March 5th
- Technology/Equipment Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Monday, November 5th and Tuesday, May 7th
- Career Development Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, November 2nd and Friday, April 26th
- Rural and Community Art Project Grant for Organizations
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, September 14th and Friday, March 8th
- Fellowship Grant for Individuals
- Meets from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm on Friday, May 31st
How to apply:
Interested individuals need to fill out the application and submit an artistic or administrative resume detailing their experience.
Click the button below to be brought to the ARAC Grants Portal. If you are new to our grants portal, click on Create a New Account. Once you have registered, click on Apply -> Become a Grant Reviewer -> Apply to fill out the form.