ARAC is currently seeking individuals who are interested in serving on Grant Review Panels. Serving as a grant review panelist is a great opportunity for those who wish to serve with ARAC but cannot commit to a 3-year board term. Panelists will be paid $50 and will be reimbursed for mileage.
The Arrowhead Regional Arts Council is looking for individuals with knowledge of the arts, artists, artists from communities of color, arts supporters/collectors, or individuals working in and with knowledge of the regional arts community. Potential panelists must live in the Arrowhead region and be willing to commit to serving for one year on either the Career Development, Community Arts Learning, Rural and Community Art Project, Technology/Equipment, or Artist Fellowship review panels.
Panel members serve as volunteers but are paid a mileage reimbursement for attending review meetings. Serving on a panel gives an individual the opportunity to learn about arts activities in the region; increase their knowledge of grant writing and the review process; to network with other artists and arts professionals.
Panelists will be selected based on the needs of the particular review panel from a pool of interested individuals larger than needed. ARAC will train panelists prior to serving and reserves the right to remove a panelist if appropriate.
ARAC abides by all applicable laws relating to nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The Council does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, status as a legal alien, or any other legally protected status.
For more information, feel free to contact the office at (218)722-0952, (800)569-8134, or by email.
2019/2020 Panel Meeting Dates:
- Individual Artist Project Panel Review
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Tuesday, Sept. 10th and Tuesday, March 10th
- Arts Learning Grant Panel Review
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, November 8th and Friday, May 8th
- Rural and Community Art Project Grant Panel Review
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Tuesday, November 12 and Tuesday, May 12
- Arts and Cultural Heritage Grant Panel Review
- Meets from 1-5 pm on Friday, March 6th
- Established Regional Artist Grant Panel Review
- Meets from 10 am – 4 pm on Tuesday, July 7th