Listed below are the minimum requirements for applying for an Arrowhead Regional Arts Council grant. Different programs may have additional eligibility requirements beyond what is listed on this page. Please see individual programs and guidelines for complete eligibility requirements.
Who may apply?
Any individual who:
- is at least 18 years of age;
- is a U.S. citizen or has attained permanent resident alien status;
- has been a resident of Aitkin, Carlton, Cook, Itasca, Koochiching, Lake or St. Louis County for a minimum of six months at the time of application (residency is determined according to voting requirements of the state).
Who do we not fund?
The following individuals are ineligible to apply for grant funding. An individual who:
- is enrolled full-time as a student in an arts related degree program at the time of application;
- is an ARAC recipient with an overdue, unacceptable, or falsified final report.
*Current ARAC Board members or staff may not apply to the Council’s individual artist grant programs.
How many ARAC individual artist grants may you receive in one year?
- You may receive one grant in each of the individual artist grant programs during a single fiscal year.
- You may be awarded Quick Start, Technology/Equipment, Arts Learning, Career Development and Fellowship grants in the same fiscal year as long as the grants are not for the same project, and the Quick Start, Technology/Equipment, Arts Learning and Career Development grants are completed before the Fellowship award period begins.
For more information on eligibility regarding specific programs, please read the guidelines for that program, or feel free to contact the office by email or call (218)722-0952.